Dr. Martinez works with teens, adolescents, and young adults whose concerns have the potential to negatively impact their lives at home, school, and in their relationships. He provides treatment for a wide range of conditions, including:
- Trauma related to history of violence and abuse, domestic violence, military service, and PTSD.
- Mood disorders including depression, low self-esteem, lack of motivation and energy, and self-harming behaviors.
- Grief and bereavement.
- Anxiety including generalized anxiety, social anxiety, and panic attacks.
- Psychosis including hallucinations and delusions, disorganized thoughts and behaviors.
- Social and interpersonal skills.
- Challenges with interpersonal and family relationships including difficult family dynamics, parental divorce/separation for parents and children.
- Adjustment to major life changes and stress-related conditions.
- Issues of gender and sexuality.
- Aggressive or defiant behaviors.
- At times these concerns are coupled with drug use that might impair a person’s ability to function at their full potential in life.
Dr. Martinez has had success using evidence-based methods and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), using a Psychodynamic client-centered style and addressing concerns of personal motivation, values, as well as family dynamics in order to obtain the positive results you seek. At times, this means close collaboration with parents is important when working with children and adolescents.
Dr. Martinez works hard to make sure that his services meet your specific needs and looks forward to the opportunity of collaborating with you to arrive at working solutions.